Overall MOOC coordination
- Dr. Brahmanand Mohanty (India) - Brahmanand Mohanty serves the Agency for Ecological Transition (ADEME) as its regional advisor for Asia. He has been a faculty for over 3 decades in the Department of Energy at the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. He was instrumental in developing the Low Energy in Tropical Climate for Housing Innovation (LETCHI) platform as a network of building energy experts from the tropics.
- Dr. Muhammad Nur Fajri Alfata (Indonesia) - Muhammad Nur Fajri Alfata is a researcher at the Division of Building Sciences, Directorate of Engineering Affairs for Human Settlements and Housing, Ministry of Public Works and Housing of Indonesia. His areas of research include thermal comfort, passive cooling, low-energy and smart building. He is co-founder of International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA), Indonesia Chapter.
- Ir. Tang Chee Khoay (Malaysia) Tang Chee Khoay provides consultancy on ways to improve and accelerate the adoption of sustainable buildings under tropical climate. He has been conducting building performance simulation in Malaysia to predict and understand building behaviour and energy use. Many of the energy efficient demonstration buildings in Malaysia have been designed and fine-tuned by him.
- Dr. Rahula Attalage (Sri Lanka) Rahula Attalage is the Dean, faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka. His research focus is on modelling, simulation and optimization aspects of buildings and their surroundings. The application areas are the integration of energy efficient and sustainable technologies into buildings, natural ventilation and hybrid energy systems.
- Dr. Narein Perera (Sri Lanka) Narein Perera is a faculty in the Department of Architecture, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. His research encompasses urban scale studies that focus on climate sensitive design and include “Local Climate Zone” based approaches to urban planning. He promotes passive design strategies to ensure daylight integration, thermal comfort and overall energy efficiency.
- Dr. Atch Sresthaputra (Thailand) Atch Sresthaputra is an Associate Professor in the Department of Architecture, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand. He is well known for his engagement in sustainable buildings, and well-being design. His research areas include thermal comfort, building energy efficiency, and heat and air flow in and around buildings using thermal simulation and computational fluid dynamics programs.
- Arch. Chalermwat Tantasavasdi (Thailand) Chalermwat Tantasavasdi is an Associate Professor at Thammasart Design School, Thailand. His research focus is on built environment design and integrative approach of energy efficiency for generic buildings through passive design. He has been working with both governmental agencies and real estate companies in developing low-cost energy efficient building prototypes for the tropics.
- Eng. Ma Khai Hien (Viet Nam) Ma Khai Hien is the Director of ENERTEAM, a leading sustainable energy consulting firm in Viet Nam. He has been the Team Leader of numerous sustainable projects, including the demonstration building activities in the framework of the Energy Efficiency Building Code. He is experienced in building energy modelling, concept designing and benchmarking of the building sector.
- Arch. Nguyen Ngoc Tu (Viet Nam)Nguyen Ngoc Tu provides consulting on energy efficient buildings. She works on demonstration projects to support the building design in order to fulfil the requirements of the Vietnamese Energy Efficiency Building Code or go beyond in order to achieve a significant reduction in energy use. She also works on certification of green building projects and building energy simulation.